Keep your tools at the ready … BOOKMARK this page
– REAL EXAMPLES – A diverse cross-section of examples to whet your appetite;
– BUSINESS/WORKPLACE EXAMPLES – Resolve problems, generate new/additional income, and change your focus from competition … to differentiation;
– EMPLOYMENT EXAMPLES – job interview questions and resume inclusions;
– PRACTICE YOUR CREATIVE THINKING SKILLS – Theoretical exercises to develop creative thinking with parallel examples to get you started;
– PROVOCATIVE OPERATION – Real-life examples of “po” in action that teach through demonstration;
– ALTERNATIVE PERSPECTIVE – The power of a fresh perspective is brought home through a real police detective training exercise;
– RANDOM STARTING POINTS – Examples that demonstrate lateral thinking’s most easily applied tool in effective use;
– CREATIVE COMBINATIONS – Clever examples of how to combine things you wouldn’t normally consider;
– WORKING BACKWARDS – Examples that use the imagination to achieve your goals;
– ESCAPE DOMINANT THINKING – A revealing example of how to review the staus-quo in a positive and non-threatening way.
Pages that assist:
– WHAT IS LATERAL THINKING? – And what is the future for creative thinking?
– Inspirational creative quotes.
– Advice for the entrepreneur. Differentiation Vs competition.
– Lateral thinking for authors/writers – writing prompt strategies – plot development techniques. (Page currently under construction, please bookmark this MENU page and come back).
Lesson ONE: Blinkered thinking
Lesson TWO: Random starting points
Lesson THREE: How creativity works
Lesson FOUR: Alternative perspectives
Lesson FIVE: Provocative operation … “po”
Lesson SIX: Challenge existing concepts
Lesson SEVEN: Escape dominant thinking
Lesson EIGHT: Backwards planning
Lesson NINE: Goal setting
Lesson TEN: Creative speaking
Lesson ELEVEN: Creative combinations
Lesson TWELVE: Problem-solving
Lesson THIRTEEN: Time management
Lesson FOURTEEN: Memory technique
Disruptive creative strategies for authors and writers
Puzzles, games, and activities:
Engaging with your child’s natural inclination to be creative is fun … and powerfully rewarding.
Lateral thinking puzzles
Puzzles are a tool. They refresh. They invigorate. They’re like a reset button.
Puzzles: 1 to 10
Puzzles: 11 to 20
Puzzles: 21 to 30
Puzzles: 31 to 40
Puzzles: for kids (too)
Bookmark this page to keep your creative tools handy
Enjoy, learn, and grow,
Michael Muxworthy – Disruptive Lateral Thinking Author